Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Rise Fishing Rod and Reel contest.

Whew... For those of you who haven't unsubscribed to this blog yet (Mom and Dad), I think it is time we have a recap. That being said, even this recap is an attempt to score some last manure ... I mean minute points for the contest.

Thus far, I feel I've made a pretty good push for points. I've set most of my pride aside and went for the big point items. That is a link to see what you get points for.

I'm feeling pretty good about this. That being said, I also feel like I need to shower to wash the shame off myself as well as the sharpie. Yes, its still there. I didn't run straight to the washcloth and soap. I was fortunate to never wake up in college with "silly" drawings all over my face, but I feel like I can sympathize a bit with those who did. Just knowing the marker is there on my chest makes me want to brush my teeth or change clothes.

Well, Owl Jones and Rise Fishing are giving me a distraction, that's for sure. I'll have to keep you updated when I hear point totals. I think the contests ends in a few weeks. I guess the task for this week is to make people laugh with a video. I'm not sure how I'll do with that, but I'll give it a go.


EDIT: Troutman gave me the heads up that I was supposed to write about my competitors and not my progress in the competition. Oh details. Well, I tell you what. I discovered this whole contest this morning and it basically ruled my day. I did make it out on a few errands. FuncFish and Floggin Water are the other guys I've seen around on the contest threads. We'll see if I notice anybody else, but all I can say is, this contest is about to get dicey. I think Owl has some surprises up his sleeves that will get people points all over the place.

Until then.

2 comments:

  1. im still with you :) You really want that rod and reel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. yes I do. I also have lots of time on my hands currently. It looks like it is anyone's game. I didn't nab any of those 550pt friend posts so that hurts I guess. Either way, it is all in good fun :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete