Sunday, October 23, 2011

Frustrating.


I can't say for sure what happened.
In fact, I don't even know why.
I assume somewhere in my back cast,
I hit my rod with my fly. 
When using heavy flies like clousers,
You need to open your loop.
Tight loops can cause collisions,
Breaking rods which makes you feel like poop.


Here is a video addressing how to avoid hitting your rod with your fly, 
and another about casting heavy flies in wind so you don't have a situation like mine.




As with all situations and the curse of the being an optimist,
There is a silver lining for me.
In shopping for rods I made sure to purchase
One with a "no questions asked" warranty.


Ring.... Ring..... Riiiinggg... "Hello, thank you for calling Wild Water Fly Fishing.
How can I help you?"
"Hi.  It's me.... I broke my rod again"
"No problem, David! Send it back, and we'll return it shiny and new"


______________
This stuff just happens. It is good that I have a warranty. It is an ooportunity to thoughtfully evaluate my casting technique. And writing a poem about it makes me less frustrated. So, it isn't the end of the world. It is just a broken eyelet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment