Friday, April 20, 2012

Take Me Home

I'm flying out today to go back to Minnesota/Wisconsin for a week of family time and even a little fly fishing in the driftless area. Tomorrow morning, my Dad and I are meeting Justin of Winona Fly Factory at an undisclosed location in search of some big browns. Now, there has been a decent amount of rain recently, but I'm optimistic. Why? Because I came up with a new streamer pattern (ie, I made a mistake with an existing pattern and rolled with it) and I've got a pretty good feeling about this one....

a modified Slump Buster.... the Rooster Buster, maybe?
I'm bringing both the western fly rod and tenkara rod. I'll only be able to swing those rooster busters with the western, but I'd like to try and get in plenty of time with the tenkara as well. I might even take it panfishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment