Friday, November 16, 2012

Rest Easy, Friday Night: Vol. 11: New Video Edition

Breaking the rules a bit for the Rest Easy, Friday Night post, but I hope you'll excuse me. Tonight, instead of group of songs from a selected artist you'll find just one video with one song. This is the video I put together from the recent trip to Harkers Island in search of False Albacore. How'd it go? Play the video and find out.

Have a great weekend!

"Harkers Island 101"



The folks who fish from the shore of Harkers Island, North Carolina are lovingly referred to as the "Sand People." Just like the Tusken Raiders from those movies that one guy (George Loomis or something?) made, little is known about the Sand People and their lifestyle. I present to you a short expose about the elusive fly fisherman and their obsessive quest to hook up with a False Albacore from the banks of Harkers Island. Was this trip a success? You'll just have to watch and see for yourself.

Filmed with my iphone and goproHD
Music by me.

6 comments:

  1. I love it, dificultus tocatchus! Comedy. Holler at me when you go next year. I'd love to try that once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kevin. It is definitely worth the trip!

      Delete
  2. Nice video and nice song. The scientific names add a nice touch. The puffer was pretty entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate that Jay. The puffer was so funny. It was hard to get it off the hook as every time I put any pressure on it, it puffed up. A really pretty fish though.

      Delete
  3. David
    This is why I love fly fishing so, it gives one the opportunity to land numerous species of fish--great video--thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am still amazed with that puffer :) I tell you, almost anything will take a clouser.

      Delete