Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Flies and Ice Cream

I know it looks messy,
but don't worry, we've got a system.

Flies and ice cream. Tying flies that is. No flies in the ice cream as far as I know. 




In a little over a week I'm going to be heading into the Chesapeake Bay for a day of fishing with Captain Chris Newsome and my buddy Kevin. A fish in hand is long overdue, I'm hoping this trip will change that. 


Line em up, baby.







Kevin and I got together last night to tie some flies in preparation for the trip. 







Red over orange/yellow provides nice contrast
in the mirky waters of the Chesapeake. 






We got creative with out color combinations and made a mixture of clousers and deceivers and a hybrid of the two. 







Dry, epoxy, dry!






To be honest, I'm not concerned if these flies catch us any fish or not. It was just nice to enjoy a night on the porch with good company, music and some VERY chocolatey ice cream. 


mmmmmm..... Chocolate Ice Cream. 










1 comment:

  1. David
    I wish I had the patience to tie up streamers that nice---the ice cream is no brainer--thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete