Thursday, August 16, 2012

Rest Easy, Friday Night: Vol 9. Mason Jennings

My life is like this table in front of me. Full of to-do lists, books, bills, clutter, a trout unlimited calendar.... Just have a lot on the plate right now. Is that bad? No. Not at all. It just means, I've had less time to interact with this blog and you all that happen to swing by from time to time. I also haven't been able to visit your pages and read the great content you've been putting out these last couple weeks.

I thought the least I could do until I finish editing down the latest fish footage (finish? I have to start first) is to give you another Friday evening with some good tunes. Enter Mason Jennings. 

He has a distinctive voice and thoughtful lyrics. Born in Hawaii. Started his music career in Minneapolis. Enjoy.

Two slow songs below. I'll warn you so you can skip them if that isn't your thing.

"Fighter Girl"



"Confidant"


"Be Here Now" **Favorite**


"Ballad for My One True Love" ** the slow one **


"Bitter Heart" ** the slow one **

2 comments:

  1. Busy is a good thing...just one of the many things that ebbs and flows along the way. You've just been caught int he flow, so welcome back.

    haven't listened to Mason Jennings in a while...always reminds me of going to see him in some of the small clubs in MN. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good thing :) Glad I could bring you back to Mason.

      Delete