Friday, June 28, 2013

Art By an Owl

No, this isn't "Art by an Owl" where they give an actual feathered owl a paintbrush and have it paint a flower like those elephants in Thailand do. This is art by a person named Owl.

I recently put forth an idea to an up-and-coming young artist that goes by the name of "Owl." I'm very interested in the different ways people paint fish and trout and Owl has a unique approach that definitely brings a surprisingly unconventional and exciting perspective to these fish. When I asked him if he would be interested in an "art swap," I wasn't sure what he would say, because, well, I'm no Owl Jones, but to my surprise he agreed!

I've been slowly working through my project called "Painting Through Prosek." I've been painting my acrylic way through Prosek's book "Trout: An Illustrated History." I tried extra hard on the brook trout and thought Owl might like this.



Over the next few days, I believe he will be finishing up the project he has been working on for me. I've had sneek peeks on his Facebook Page because, well, you see, today is National Owl Jones Art Day. That's right, he made a day for himself. I can't believe I didn't think of such a brilliant idea first :)

All I can say to wrap up this post is to support your local artist, fly shop, retailer, farmer and family member. Great things don't always come from the big stores with low prices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment