Sunday, August 4, 2013

Painting Through Prosek: Bull Trout

James Prosek paints two versions of the Bull Trout in "Trout: An Illustrated History." This is a good example of variation between subjects. No two trout look the same. Whether you are talking Brown, Brook, Rainbow, Cutthroat, etc, etc etc. The same probably goes for all fish (sunfish/bluegill or even carp for that matter). 

To assist in finding some of the details of these fish, I have been searching images on the web in addition to using Prosek's fish as a guide. As such, there tends to be a few more differences between my and Prosek's rendition. 

Slowly but surely, I'm moving along. I may make a photobook with shutterfly when this is all done. Some way to have these sitting out in coffee-table-book style. Right now, I just have a file cabinet with all of these hidden away. That's no fun. 











No comments:

Post a Comment