Monday, September 20, 2010

something new to try...

I have been using this site to post my occasional peotry and such. This has been fine, but I honestly don't feel I have gotten much out of it. I write the poetry whether I post it here or not. Was my hope that I would gain readers? share my thoughts and find growth in new places? I'm not sure.

So, I am going to give this site new purpose. In addition to writing, I have another activity that gives me joy: fishing.

I have recently been tying flies. Here in Omaha, Nebraska, I don't have much access to trout streams, but I have found a few area lakes where there are some eager panfish and bass.

I am going to begin telling you about my journey to find and catch the fish. I may tell you with photos, essays, or poems. Either way, I am hoping if give me and this blog a new sense of purpose.

here's to the future.
here's to the fish.
here's to my leaking waders
and a fishing poet's wish.

- dln

No comments:

Post a Comment