Friday, January 18, 2013

Rest Easy, Friday Night: Vol 13. Vampire Weekend

Vampires are still relevant, right? Edward Cullen and stuff? Great.

For this Friday night, I want to share with you another set of songs I truly enjoy. Vampire Weekend is who? Let's ask Wikipedia....

Wikipedia?

Yes, David.

Who is Vampire Weekend?

"Vampire Weekend is an American indie rock band from New York City, that formed in 2006 and signed to XL Recordings. The band has four members: Ezra KoenigRostam BatmanglijChris Tomson, and Chris Baio. The band released its first album Vampire Weekend in 2008, which produced the singles "Mansard Roof", "A-Punk", "Oxford Comma" and "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa". The band's most recent album, Contra, was released in 2010." 

Wow. That was easy. Now we are all up to speed.

When it comes to which album is better, I've heard great arguments for each. However, I think whichever one you hear first is the one you'll end up liking the most. This is also the case with the movies "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" and "Snatch." It just so happens I saw Lock Stock first and listened to Contra first, so these are the ones I like more.

"Horchata"



White Sky  - I love this song. It makes me smile :)



Taxi Cab - let's slow it down a bit




I Think Ur a Contra 



now go to bed kids. 




No comments:

Post a Comment