Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Painting a Red Fish... or rather, a Redfish

Last Friday night, I sat down and tried my second attempt at painting a redfish tail. When it comes to painting fish you can be as simple or detailed as you like. The redfish is a perfect example of a fish that looks pretty straight forward in the minds eye, but quickly becomes more complicated with its subtle highlights and many shades of  rust, silver and blue. 

I'm thinking I might find myself painting a few Christmas gifts this year. 



2 comments:

  1. Anyone who calls them a redfish has never caught an adult red drum...or channel bass even , but just... redfish..NO. :)

    Congrats on the new addition , BTW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you've got me there, Josh. I haven't had the pleasure of a big drum, red, black or otherwise. someday, maybe :)

      Delete