Sunday, January 26, 2014

Gear Review: Wicked Good Scuffs. L.L. Bean Slippers

Heck yes I'm going to do a gear a review about a pair of slippers. Especially when there are this good. How good, you ask? Wicked Good... Scuffs, that is.

These slippers came into my life late December, and my feet have been happy ever since. Whether it is running outside to get the mail or take out the trash, or lounging on the couch typing away, I've been pleased with the comfortable, sturdy nature of these puppies.

The slippers do seem to stretch a bit as you wear them in, so I ordered a size 10 as I tend to run about a 10.5. They were tight for about a day or two and then they molded to my tootsies perfectly.

LL Bean also has free shipping and is located in Maine, both of which are really cool things.



Cons: At $69 you could get by with a cheaper pair of slippies but they probably wouldn't be made of sheepskin.

So let's think about this a bit. It has been a cold winter. Your floor, if uncarpeted has not been kind to your bare feet. I haven't read the farmer's almanac, but being that it is still January (or, Juan-uary, if you prefer... yes, I'm keeping up with Juan Pablo's search for love, and I'm comfortable sharing that with you), and we probably have plenty of cold months left this year, consider doing your toes a solid and looking into a nice pair of slippers. If you do, give these a thought. I have a feeling, I won't be going back to bare feet in the winter, and LL Bean Wicked Good Scuffs will be my slipper of choice for years to come. 


*Disclosures:  I have no financial interest in LL Bean, but I do have both personal and financial interest in my wife, who bought me these Wicked Good Scuffs. 

2 comments:

  1. I think LL Bean is Orvis. Look at their website design. It's almost identical. Their fashion sense seems pretty dang similar too. Not a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty funny :) Maybe they are in cahoots. I'm sure Orvis's slippers are great too.

      Delete