Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rise Contest: Final Task

A commercial for Rise Fishing Company. Congratulations to TroutManBrook for the victory! Thanks for a fun couple of weeks.


Music by Conor Oberst, "Souled Out." Visit OwlJones.com and Rise Fishing.

Notes about the video. I tried to tell a story about the company as well as about me. I am sort of a hack fisherman. I get the job done. I could be worse, but I thought this would be a good opportunity to make fun of myself a bit, too. Additionally, I noticed Rise Fishing Co. usually has their videos in black and white. Because of this, I decided to decrease the exposure a bit to brighten the colors. Give it a little more fluorescent feel. Lastly, I love music, so I tried to find a song that I can listen to over and over again. The point of placing the Conor Oberst song in the video and having it play so loudly was to keep the mood upbeat throughout the video and force you to listen to it :) I wanted to share a guy who isn't very mainstream.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Dustin. I appreciate it! It was a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, got my posting together now. haha. I couldn't get the vid to work at first. I want you to know that if I had a job/money right now I would buy you a Rise rod for all the hard work you put into every single task and challenge. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to be able to do that...but I sure would love to if I could.

    Oh and btw - if you ever want to collaborate on a video, I could sure use a guy like you! Your videos rock, man. R-O-C-K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. Shucks guys :) Thanks! It would be great to collaborate on something sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry it didn't work out this time...but I enjoyed the videos and look forward to seeing more in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really cool of you Owl. I followed everything that nash did for the contest and all the effort he put forth. Again it is a contest and there is only one winner. But I enjoyed his videos like his fishing for cat fish lol.. Glad you saw the effort he put in cause we all know that must have took some time and planning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sanders! This contest was the first time I really put effort into shooting/editing and I believe it ended up being a very positive experience. I'm hoping to roll with this and see where it goes. I am in the very early stages of planning a trip possibly in June that I think has potential to produce some awesome video. If it works out, I think that will become my first real fishing video. Thanks for the support :)

    ReplyDelete