Saturday, December 4, 2010

Winter is here...

So as the cold rolls in, the local fishing season has all but shut down for me.

That being said, I spent some time chatting with my brother about a possible winter trip to the Big Horn out in Montana. There is a great place there, the Cottonwood Camp. They have some excellent guide services and with it being winter, there shouldn't be too much of a crowd at all.

It would be either sow bugs or midges. I think it would be an amazing experience. That being said, it is a 14hour drive from here. If I don't go in the next few weeks, the next opportunity would be in April. It would be an awesome experience either way.

Besides that, I have been tying to build up my fly box. I have been tying scuds lately and then I think I will go with midges or something else basic. I will try to post some pictures to show you the scuds. They are pretty cool because I'm using cat hair dubbing from our cat's brush and a mini snicker's wrapper for the iridescent top of the scud.

Anyway, hopefully there will be more posts to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment