Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Fishing Murder Mystery by Victoria Houston


With all of the recent traveling I've done, I was able to finish another of Victoria Houston's Loon Lake Murder Mysteries. Thank you to the Omaha Public Library for feeding my habits.

As with the first book in the series, we again find ourselves following Doc Osborne, Ray Pradt, and Chief Lew Ferris through the backwaters and backcountry of Northern Wisconsin. A little fewer segways on fishing in this 2nd book, but none the less, a more suspenseful story with darker overtones and more complicated antagonists. We also get to see Doc and Lew push their cute, little relationship a tad farther, which is nice :)

Overall, I'd say I enjoyed this book a little more than the first. Definitely worth the time if you've got it. So make use of your local public library and check one of the Loon Lake Mysteries out. There are plenty of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment