Thursday, September 29, 2011

OBN Photo Prompt: Goodbye Summer

A few words and pictures of this summer. A huge success. 

My first mountain brookie.  
Spectacular coastal sunsets.  
Crazy weather.
Green to gold
And summer is gone.
The tan line at my waist 
Remains, but fades, all the same.
Calluses from barefoot mornings
Will soften. 

So much hard work absorbing,
Steeping in the bay,
Arms, casually hanging out car windows,
Sunglasses, and coconut scented sunscreen
Will all exchange for wetted, sweet, rotten leaves,
Dirty jeans from selecting the perfect pumpkin,
Frosted car windows
And visible breath,
Whisping away in a cool breeze,
Replaced by winter. 
Replaced by spring.
Replaced by summer.
Always you. 
Always me.
An outdoor concert.

They tickle your hands.

New (crazy) friends.

OBN Photo Prompt. I don't need an excuse to post, but it is nice to have one.

3 comments:

  1. I really like how it's right aligned...not often done! I like it. Tan lines and feet callouses...I too am always sad to see these leave me. Nice d.nash....nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done my friend. Goodbye summer...hello fall. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey guys. thanks for the compliments. hope all is well with the start of autumn in your neck of the woods. I can't believe it is October already.

    ReplyDelete