Friday, September 23, 2011

Rest Easy, Friday Night: Vol 2

Tonight I bring to you the musical equivalent of Peanut Butter and Jelly.  Both are strong independently and deserve their own spotlight, but when combined, it is a fusion creating an entire new entity.

I came across the album "Raising Sand" by Allison Kraus and Robert Plant a litter over a year ago.

The eerie qualities of Led Zeppelin's front man are evened out by Kraus' perfect pitch. Oh, sooooo good.

Let's start slow with a song that has one of my favorite lines.... "Leaves were falling, just like embers. In colors red and gold, they set us on fire..."


Next we will pick up the pace with a cover that just plain rocks. I must have listened to this song 30 times. when I checked out the CD form the library.


We'll finish it up with this softer whisper of a song. "Stick with me Baby." Think of it as desert. A smooth chocolate mousse or the creamy, slow-churned pumpkin ice cream I picked up at the store tonight.


Enjoy the weekend everyone. Hope you get outside. We've got rain planned everyday.

3 comments:

  1. These two are awesome together. Even, on a Saturday morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a bad time for them:) glad you enjoyed it. Have fun at the fishing get together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed hearing these two together.

    ReplyDelete